Dear Yuletide Marmoset
Oct. 25th, 2014 03:55 pmYou are writing me a story!! I love stories. This is the best idea ever. Whether you are an old hand at Yuletide or this is your first experience with this lovely fic exchange, I'm sure you are going to do a fantastic job and I look forward to receiving whatever it is you end up writing for me.
Some guidelines before I get into the fandom specifics: I am not the biggest fan of grimdark. Other things to stay away from are graphic descriptions of rape, torture, child abuse, emotionally or physically abusive relationships, and suicide. Things I love, on the other hand, are strong women, maturing character growth, supportive relationships (familial, friendly, or romantic), characters expanding outside of societal or personal expectations, and friendships.
On to the fandoms!!!
Emily of New Moon: These books were some of the best-loved of my childhood and I have often mourned how difficult it is to find fanfiction of it. I would happily read a fic focussing on Emily and Teddy's relationship post-Emily's Quest, and I would be even more delighted with a fic from the perspective of Teddy during the Emily Climbs or Emily's Quest era. What my heart truly longs for, though, is a fic about Elizabeth and/or Juliet as girls. What were they like? What was their relationship like? Where were they similar and where did they differ? Did Juliet ever regret leaving her family? Did Elizabeth ever feel lonely and wish she'd made different choices?
Emelan: I confess I feel a little bad about this, because I love all the Emelan characters, but I really only want a story about Tris. I love her so. Whether it is at Lightsbridge or struggling to establish herself afterward, or at any other point in her life and career, I would eat it up with a spoon. I need more about my prickly, introverted, sensitive darling.
The Last Light of the Sun: This is one of my favourite books of all time, and I just need...more. What happens to Alun and Kendra, and how does their relationship grow in the light of the special bond they have? How does Rhiannon grow and change after the events she witnessed? What happens when fierce Judit goes north, and how does she carve a space for herself?
Tigana: This book for me was all about the women. I want to see Alais moving outside the home and learning her father's business, challenging the constraints of womanhood in a country struggling out from underneath two tyrants. I want to see Alienor face her demons and move beyond Castle Borso and find happiness.
Go forth and write, gentle author!! And again...thank you.
Some guidelines before I get into the fandom specifics: I am not the biggest fan of grimdark. Other things to stay away from are graphic descriptions of rape, torture, child abuse, emotionally or physically abusive relationships, and suicide. Things I love, on the other hand, are strong women, maturing character growth, supportive relationships (familial, friendly, or romantic), characters expanding outside of societal or personal expectations, and friendships.
On to the fandoms!!!
Emily of New Moon: These books were some of the best-loved of my childhood and I have often mourned how difficult it is to find fanfiction of it. I would happily read a fic focussing on Emily and Teddy's relationship post-Emily's Quest, and I would be even more delighted with a fic from the perspective of Teddy during the Emily Climbs or Emily's Quest era. What my heart truly longs for, though, is a fic about Elizabeth and/or Juliet as girls. What were they like? What was their relationship like? Where were they similar and where did they differ? Did Juliet ever regret leaving her family? Did Elizabeth ever feel lonely and wish she'd made different choices?
Emelan: I confess I feel a little bad about this, because I love all the Emelan characters, but I really only want a story about Tris. I love her so. Whether it is at Lightsbridge or struggling to establish herself afterward, or at any other point in her life and career, I would eat it up with a spoon. I need more about my prickly, introverted, sensitive darling.
The Last Light of the Sun: This is one of my favourite books of all time, and I just need...more. What happens to Alun and Kendra, and how does their relationship grow in the light of the special bond they have? How does Rhiannon grow and change after the events she witnessed? What happens when fierce Judit goes north, and how does she carve a space for herself?
Tigana: This book for me was all about the women. I want to see Alais moving outside the home and learning her father's business, challenging the constraints of womanhood in a country struggling out from underneath two tyrants. I want to see Alienor face her demons and move beyond Castle Borso and find happiness.
Go forth and write, gentle author!! And again...thank you.